Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Just Laugh

Laughter stimulates your heart, lungs, muscles and brain. Laughter improves your immune system, decreases pain, soothes tension, and decreases stress (mayoclinic.org). 

Have you ever tried to stop laughing because you were in a library or some other quiet place? Have you ever laughed so hard you were crying? It's healthy to laugh! 

What keeps people from laughing?

Fear. Fear of what others think, fear of what might be found, fear of the unknown, fear of the future, fear of death, and many other fears can keep someone from laughing. 

There are many verses in the Bible about being strong and not fearful. But the question is how do you get rid of the fear?

Trust God. Psalm 56:3 (ESV) says, "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you." You have to totally let go of what you are fearing and trust that God will handle it. 

It's not really that easy though. You have to seek Him, chase after Him, really want Him to take away your fears. Psalm 34:4 (ESV) says, "I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears." 

He will answer you. He doesn't want you to be afraid. He wants you to have joy. 

Proverbs 31 describes a woman who respects the Lord. Proverbs 31:25 (NLT) says, "she is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."

So laugh without fear. Don't let fearing the future, or any other fear, rob you of the laughter of today. 

Just laugh out loud, literally! You'll feel better! ...and you never know, you might encourage someone else to laugh, too! 




2 comments:

  1. That you did! So awesome. :) I enjoy my daily doses of encouragement from you! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete