Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Judge Me

Go ahead! I give you permission! Judge me!

Do you know why? Because I am no longer seeking the approval of man. All my life I have wondered if others were talking about me or what someone else thought of me. I even made decisions based on what people would think of me!

I didn't want others to judge me. Then I realized: I can't control what others think, say, or do. Did you know that? I'm sure you knew that, but did you realize that you were concerned with something so uncontrollable?

As a servant of Christ, we are trying to please Him, not man. That was another important point I was totally missing. In the end, who will be judging me? Christ! So why be consumed with pleasing others when it's Him I need to be pleasing? (Ok, this is elementary for many of you, but it hit me hard recently.)

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10 (ESV)

Others are going to say and do what they want, whether you were doing what was right or not. If you were doing wrong, they'd judge you, and if you were doing right, they'd judge you. However, if you are focused on pleasing God, what they think fades away.

We are all guilty of judging someone else. Just think about it though, you really did NOT know the whole story. You only know what people wanted you to know. You can't read someone's thoughts or see the emotions of the heart. You really have no idea what "the whole story" is unless it is your story.

Now when my mind wonders if I'm being judged, I just think, "it's ok, they really don't know my whole story." And if I find myself starting to judge someone else, I remind myself that I have no idea how they are feeling or what they are going through.

Many, and I mean MANY people, are rude or hateful because they are hurting. If someone is rude or hateful, don't snap back. Look at them with compassion for their hurting soul and be kind. They are probably losing their own battles or drowning in their own sin. It's easier to judge and blame others, than to allow their own truths to be known. Love them anyway. Pray for them anyway. It takes practice, but you feel much better and it's the right thing to do.

If you hear someone has said things about you that are totally erroneous, pray for them. Pray about the situation and let God handle it. Listen to Proverbs:

Many seek the face of a ruler, but it is from the Lord that a man gets justice. Proverbs 29:26 (ESV)

Seeking the approval of others is useless. The Lord will bring justice. We do not need to go around defending ourselves against false accusers of the brethren.

So I say for you to go ahead and judge me, because I know you don't know my whole story. I know you are flesh and it's easy to wonder what is going on with me. But most importantly, I'm only concerned with what He thinks of me, and I will love others no matter what they say, because He commands us to!

Forgiveness and love. He has given me so much of that lately, all I can do is return it bountifully to all those around me!


Disclaimer: Don't give others permission to judge you unless you really mean it. Some people really think they are exempt from loving others, as Christ does, and will literally judge you. May God forgive them, for they know not what they do.



No comments:

Post a Comment