Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's Just a Chapter

When you look around and see the negative things going on in your life, remember that it's just a chapter in the book of your life. Your book isn't over. This might be a sad chapter, or a hard chapter, but you won't know if you give up.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand. Psalm 37:23-24 (KJV)

The steps...you have to keep moving. It says "a good man." That's so wonderful! It doesn't say "perfect" or "rich" or "beautiful." It says "good." You are a child of the King. You are a "good man."

It doesn't say "if" he falls; it says "though he fall"...He knew we would fall. We all make mistakes. We all sin. No sin is greater than another.

My interpretation of that verse: God is leading me and I love following Him. I'm gonna mess up because I'm human, but when I do, that's not the end of my life, because the Lord will yank me up and put me back where I belong!

David was considered a man after God's own heart, and he committed adultery and murdered. But he didn't quit loving God. He acknowledged his sins, was remorseful, and turned away from those sins. Do you know he wrote Psalm 51 in repentance of those sins? He knew he was human and needed God's forgiveness, so he asked and then moved on. Most of his other Psalms were worship Psalms. He worshiped after his fall.

So when you feel like it's over, and you've really messed up, remind yourself that God makes His mercy new every morning. It doesn't matter if other people remember your sins. If you repent and turn from those sins, God if faithful and just to forgive and wipe your slate clean!

Great is His faithfulness! Learn what you can from this chapter of your life. Let God order your steps and write the rest of your book. It's going to be amazing...just look at the Bible! That's His most famous book! He's quite an author! (:

2 comments: